What is Keystone STARS?
Keystone STARS is Pennsylvania’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS). A QRIS is a continuous quality improvement systemic approach to assess, improve, and communicate the level of quality in early and school-age care and education programs. Keystone STARS is a program of Pennsylvania’s Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL).
STARS means improving quality through:
OCDEL’s Keystone STARS Program supports all early care and education programs to improve program quality by setting continuous quality improvement goals and meeting higher standards. In addition, the STARS program recognizes early learning programs for achieving higher STAR levels and provides families with a way to choose quality early care and education.
For more information about Keystone STARS click here.
Click on the pictures or links below to view these resources:
Center for Community Action partners with the Office of Child Development and Early Learning and the YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh to administer the Keystone STARS program
• CQI Form Example #1
• CQI Form Example #2
• Professional Development and Staff Qualifications Grid
• Technical Assistance/ECMH Applications for providers in Bedford, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Somerset
• Technical Assistance Applications for providers in Cambria and Blair
• Provider Self Service Brochure
• Resources to Support Acheivement of STARS Quality Standards
• Annual Review Form
Online Resources for Child Care Providers
Click on the links below to access these resources
DHS Child Care Regulations
Grants Application for STARS Merit and ERA Awards for providers in ELRC 6
Keystone STARS Document Uploader Webinar
PA Promise for Children
PA Early Ed News
PA Keys Website
Provider Self Service Website
Provider Self Service Video Guide
Raise Your STAR
STARS Add-on Rates and Grants & Award Structure Overview
What is a Quality Coach?
Quality Coaches are a valuable resource for programs in the Keystone STARS. A coach is available to help providers with resources and connections to services. They assist your program in conducting self assessments and creating goals and action items to improve quality. Quality Coaches also support programs in the evidence gathering process to move to the next STAR level.
Professional Development Events in Region 6
• April 6: Penn State Cooperative Extension Bedford County PD Day:
for the Flyer) here Understanding and Strenthening Families Protective Factors Framework and Supervision (click
• April 11-12: Pennsylvania Head Start Association Conference, State College, PA
• April 13: Altoona PD Day (click here to see Flyer ) Devorris Bldg Downtown Altoona PA
• April 17: Keys to Success: Recruiting, Onboarding and Retaining Quality Child Care Staff (click here for flyer)
• May 4 : PedFACTS First Aid and CPR at Penn State Cooperative Extension Bedford- enroll on the PD Registry